Customer. Team. Value.
Delivering project value was once thought to be reserved for those leaders outside of the project team. Today, this expectation is being extended to business stakeholders, a multi-disciplinary project team and the customer sponsors. Project stakeholders and team leads now work collaboratively with their customer sponsor to document the vision, articulate the business value, design the solution and finally, assemble the best talent to create a multi-disciplinary team that will deliver the expected value. These are skills far beyond yesterday’s expectations.
TOP 5 Priorities for Fostering a Modern PM Culture
Building upon the basics, modern project management strategies are focused on mitigating the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity of today’s high-expectation, customer environments.
Here are five priorities to create the culture that creates customer value:
- Promote business acumen to ensure projects are aligned with organisational strategy
- Formalize the PM profession to improve recruiting and retention strategies
- Expand the expected skillsets to account for diversity and complexity
- Develop a mindset of the benefits and risks associated with technology
- Embrace the use of multiple methodologies; don’t lose sight of what matters – results