- Bring this or any training to your organisation
- Full - scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) Training
- Language: English
This Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) training course relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 and is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. This RH124 course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for students wishing to become full time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools.
These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134). Both courses are needed in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200).
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.
Learning Tree Training Vouchers cannot be used to pay for the tuition fee for this course.
This course is delivered by a Learning Tree approved training partner.
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) Training Delivery Methods
- Official Red Hat training curriculum
- Extensive hands-on labs for enhancing practical skills
- Attend online, in person, or bring this course to your facility
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) Training Course Benefits
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualised systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using system.
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH.
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course.
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.