This AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) course covers fundamental AWS cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how network access to your AWS infrastructure can be secured. We will address your security responsibilities in the AWS cloud and provide a brief introduction to the different security-oriented AWS services available.
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Delivery Methods
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Course Benefits
In this Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) course, you will learn how to:
- Identify security benefits and responsibilities of using the AWS Cloud.
- Describe the access control and management features of AWS.
- Understand the different methods to secure data.
- Describe how to secure network access to your AWS resources.
- Determine which AWS services can be used for monitoring and incident response.
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam (SCS-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Training Outline
- Security design principles in the AWS Cloud
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Data Center Security
- Compliance and Governance
- Identity and Access Management
- Data Protection
- Lab 01 – Introduction to Security Policies
- Securing your infrastructure
- Monitoring and detective controls
- Lab 02 – Securing VPC Resources with Security Groups
- DDoS mitigation
- Incident response essentials
- Lab 03 – Automating Incident Response with AWS Config and AWS Lambda
- AWS Well-Architected tool overview