- 1-day instructor-led training course
Official AWS training curriculum
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS)
- Duration: 1 day
- Language: English
- Level: Foundation
This AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) course covers fundamental AWS cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how network access to your AWS infrastructure can be secured. We will address your security responsibilities in the AWS cloud and provide a brief introduction to the different security-oriented AWS services available.
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Delivery Methods
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Course Benefits
In this Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) course, you will learn how to:
- Identify security benefits and responsibilities of using the AWS Cloud.
- Describe the access control and management features of AWS.
- Understand the different methods to secure data.
- Describe how to secure network access to your AWS resources.
- Determine which AWS services can be used for monitoring and incident response.
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam (SCS-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Training Outline
- Security design principles in the AWS Cloud
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Data Center Security
- Compliance and Governance
- Identity and Access Management
- Data Protection
- Lab 01 – Introduction to Security Policies
- Securing your infrastructure
- Monitoring and detective controls
- Lab 02 – Securing VPC Resources with Security Groups
- DDoS mitigation
- Incident response essentials
- Lab 03 – Automating Incident Response with AWS Config and AWS Lambda
- AWS Well-Architected tool overview
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS) Course FAQs
This course is intended for individuals who perform a security role and have at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
- IT business-level professionals interested in cloud security practices
- Security professionals with minimal working knowledge of AWS
Yes, this course is part of the following AWS certifications:
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty (ACSS)
This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. Earning AWS Certified Security – Specialty validates expertise in securing data and workloads in the AWS Cloud.
Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Five years of IT security experience in designing and implementing security solutions and at least two years of hands-on experience in securing AWS workloads.
- Working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment and an understanding of security operations and risks.
- Knowledge of the AWS shared responsibility model and its application; security controls for workloads on AWS; logging and monitoring strategies; cloud security threat models; patch management and security automation; ways to enhance AWS security services with third-party tools and services; and disaster recovery controls, including BCP and backups, encryption, access control, and data retention.
- Understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms, data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them, and secure internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity to meet a set of application requirements.
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want, including online training.