- 3-day instructor-led training course
Official AWS training curriculum
Developing on AWS (AWSD)
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
Developing on AWS (AWSD) helps developers understand how to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications. The course provides in-depth knowledge about how to interact with AWS using code and covers key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
Developing on AWS (AWSD) Delivery Methods
Developing on AWS (AWSD) Course Benefits
In this Developing on AWS (AWSD) course, you will learn how to:
- Use the AWS SDK to interact with AWS services and develop solutions.
- Use Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon DynamoDB as data stores.
- Integrate applications and data by using Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF).
- Use AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for service authentication.
- Use Web Identity Framework and Amazon Cognito for user authentication.
- Use Amazon ElastiCache and Amazon CloudFront to improve application scalability.
- Deploy applications by using AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation.
Developing on AWS (AWSD) Prerequisites
Attendees should have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with AWS services
- A working knowledge of Java, C#/.Net, or Python
Developing on AWS (AWSD) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam. (DVA-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
Developing on AWS (AWSD) Course Outline
- Introduction to Developing on AWS
- Choosing a Data Store
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing Flexible NoSQL Solutions with Amazon DynamoDB
- Working with Events
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon Kinesis Streams
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon SWF, Amazon SQS, and Amazon SNS
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with AWS Lambda
- Developing Secure Applications
- Caching Information for Scalability
- Monitoring Your Application and AWS Resources with Amazon CloudWatch
- Deploying Applications with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Developing on AWS (AWSD) Course FAQs
AWS Certified Developer – Associate is intended for anyone with one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
- Intermediate-level software developers
Yes, this course is part of the following AWS certification:
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate (ACDA)
This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. Earning AWS Certified Developer – Associate validates the ability to write and deploy cloud-based applications.
Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses of the services, and basic AWS architecture best practices, including the AWS Shared Responsibility Model, application lifecycle management, and the use of containers in the development process.
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS and writing code for serverless applications.
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services and use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications.
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code.
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS.