- 3-day instructor led training course
Official AWS training curriculum
Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV)
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced
The Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV) course uses the real-world scenario of taking a legacy, on-premises monolithic application and refactoring it into a serverless microservices architecture. This three-day advanced course covers advanced development topics such as architecting for a cloud-native environment; deconstructing on-premises, legacy applications and repackaging them into cloud-based, cloud-native architectures; and applying the tenets of the Twelve-Factor Application methodology.
Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV) Delivery Methods
Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV) Course Information
In this Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV) course, you will learn how to:
- Analyze a monolithic application architecture to determine logical or programmatic break points where the application can be broken up across different AWS services.
- Apply Twelve-Factor Application manifesto concepts and steps while migrating from a monolithic architecture.
- Recommend the appropriate AWS services to develop a microservices-based cloud-native application.
- Use the AWS API, CLI, and SDKs to monitor and manage AWS services.
- Migrate a monolithic application to a microservices application using the 6 Rs of migration.
- Explain the SysOps and DevOps interdependencies necessary to deploy a microservices application in AWS.
Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV) Prerequisites
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation.
- Completion of the Developing on AWS (AWSD) course, and then a minimum of 6 months of application of those concepts in a real-world environment.
Advanced Developing on AWS Course Outline
- Interfacing with AWS Services
- Deconstructing a monolithic architecture
- Migrating to the cloud
- Creating an infrastructure
- Declare and isolate dependencies
- Storing configuration in the cloud
- Establish a build, release, run model
- Creating the codebase
- Deploying an application
- Evolution of architecture
- Design patterns
- I/O explosion and preventing it
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV) Course FAQs
Experienced software developers who are already familiar with AWS services
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available online, in person, or as Private Team Training.