Bring this or any training to your organisation
Full-scale programme development
Delivered when, where, and how you want it
Blended learning models
Expert team coaching
Power Skills: The Human Side of Project Management
- Duration: 1 day
- Language: English
- Level: Foundation
Equip yourself with the essential interpersonal and leadership skills required for successful project execution. In this course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of how to effectively communicate, motivate teams, resolve conflicts, and build strong relationships within a project environment. This course places a strong emphasis on the people aspect of project management, empowering attendees to lead with empathy, manage stakeholder expectations, and navigate the human dynamics that are integral to project success.
This course is part of the Modern Project Management Professional Certificate Programme. Learn more about the programme here.
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility.
Team training is available online and in-person.
Power Skills in Project Management Training Information
You Will Learn How To:
- Master effective goal communication.
- Improve decision-making and stakeholder relations.
- Apply diverse leadership frameworks.
- Tackle project uncertainty and root causes.
- Hone emotional intelligence and team empowerment.
- Dedicated programme advisor to guide your team through the certificate programme
- After-course instructor-coaching
- Assessment pre- and post-programme
- Earn a Learning Tree certificate upon successful completion of the programme
Power Skills in Project Management Training Outline
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Master goal communication with "why" alignment
- Analyse case study goals for clarity and alignment
- Streamline decision communication
- Strengthen stakeholder interactions
- Compare stakeholder dynamics for improved communication strategies
- Develop effective influencing skills to gain stakeholder buy-in and drive project success
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Explore various leadership frameworks
- Delve into the agile leadership model
- Apply leadership frameworks to case studies and personal roles
- Understand the concept of VUCA
- Identify root causes of project uncertainty
- Learn strategies for addressing project uncertainty
- Understand the interplay between reason and emotion
- Explore the concept of emotional intelligence
- Address and manage biases in decision-making and interactions
- Foster accountability and empowerment within teams
- Master effective brainstorming techniques
- Learn strategies to avoid groupthink and encourage diverse perspectives
- Enhance conflict resolution skills for smoother team dynamics
- Develop approaches for handling mistakes constructively and learning from them
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Power Skills in Project Management FAQs
This certificate programme is designed to give professionals a deep understanding of the foundational skills project managers (and those managing people or projects) need to take the next step.
From courses such as Agile Methodology and Project Leadership to Business Acumen & Strategy, this action-based hybrid programme provides the theory and tools for modern project management, real-world practice, and a collaborative learning model that ensures deep understanding. Learn more here.
Graduates of the Modern Project Manager Professional Certificate Programme will earn a Learning Tree Modern Project Manager Certificate and gain all the fundamental knowledge and experience to begin or continue a successful career as a manager of projects and people. They will learn how to:
- Plan and manage projects.
- Ensure clear communication.
- Understand and apply Agile and Kanban approaches.
- Visualise workflows.
- Plan, strategise and manage schedules.
- Manage conflict and stakeholders.
- Lead a team with confidence.
- Evaluate and deliver project benefits and value.
- Support organisational initiatives.
- Individuals who are new to project management or who have managed some projects and are looking for a lightweight PM methodology that emphasises successful project execution.
- PMP, PRINCE2, or CAPM certification holders whose PM knowledge is theoretical nature and are looking for a PM approach that is easy to apply on the job.