This Collaboration Communications Systems Engineer Training is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to take the MS-721 exam and become a Collaboration Communications Systems Engineer. Participants should understand the fundamentals of networking, telecommunications, audio/visual and meeting room technologies, identity and access management, and Microsoft Teams.
They will gain hands-on experience configuring and deploying Microsoft Teams Phone, meetings and certified devices including Microsoft Teams Rooms and Surface Hub. The course will also cover how to manage and monitor Teams Phone, meetings, and certified devices using the Microsoft Teams admin centre, PowerShell, the Microsoft Teams Rooms Pro Portal, and the Call Quality Dashboard.
In addition, the course will cover configuring and deploying Microsoft Teams Phone with PSTN connectivity through Microsoft Calling Plans, Operator Connect, Teams Phone Mobile, and Direct Routing.
Communications Systems Engineer Training Delivery Methods
Communications Systems Engineer Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Set up Microsoft Teams Phone, meetings, and devices.
- Use management tools for Teams Phone, meetings, and devices.
- Connect Teams Phone with the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
- Prepare to use Microsoft Teams Rooms and Surface Hub.
- Optimise network performance for Teams media.
- Set up Teams Phone with Direct Routing.
- Interact with other Microsoft services and integrate third-party solutions.
- Manage Microsoft Teams meetings and events.
- Create and assign policies in Microsoft Teams.
- Set up and manage auto attendants and call queues in Teams.
Before attending this course, students should have general knowledge of the following topics:
- Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams
- Networking, telecommunications, and audio/visual basics
- Identity and access management basics
This course can help you prepare for the following Microsoft role-based certification exam — Exam MS-721: Collaboration Communications Systems Engineer.
Candidates for this exam are responsible for planning, deploying, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft Teams Phone, meetings, and personal and shared space devices, including Teams Rooms and Microsoft Surface Hub.
Communications Systems Engineer Training Outline
- Describe Teams meetings and events
- Describe Teams Phone
- Describe auto attendants and call queues
- Describe Microsoft Teams Rooms, Teams meeting room devices, and Teams phones
- Plan for a basic Teams Phone deployment
- Plan for advanced Teams Phone calling options
- Plan for Teams phones and devices
- Understand the main differences between Microsoft Teams Room for Android and Microsoft Teams Rooms for Windows
- Explain which accessories, components, and peripherals are mandatory
- Understand the advantage of Surface Hub
- Understand the difference between the licensing options
- Plan and review a physical room layout
- Describe Teams network requirements
- Evaluate organisational bandwidth requirements with the Teams Network planner
- Assess the network using the Teams Network Assessment Tool
- Optimise network and WiFi for media flow
- Optimise media flow with QoS
- Configure emergency calling addresses
- Manage Microsoft Calling Plan numbers
- Setup and manage Operator Connect and Teams Phone Mobile
- Understand Teams Phone policies and configuration options
- Configure Audio Conferencing and Communication Credits
- Explain how to configure and connect a Session Border Controller (SBC)
- Describe the process for configuring simple and advanced voice routing
- Describe how to provision users, implement number translation, create, and assign dial plans
- Explain how to configure and connect a Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA)
- Describe how Teams Phone interacts with other Microsoft services
- Configure and integrate third-party policy-based compliance recording
- Configure and integrate third-party contact centre solutions
- Design and register Voice Bots for custom-developed solutions
- Understand meetings and events in Microsoft Teams
- Set up conference bridges
- Manage meeting policies
- Configure meeting settings
- Manage Live events policies
- Configure Live events settings
- Explain Live events in Microsoft 365
- Create a security group
- Create and assign a messaging policy in the Teams admin centre
- Create a meeting policy in the Teams admin centre and assign it to PowerShell
- Lab: Create a security group
- Lab: Create and assign a messaging policy in the Teams admin centre
- Lab: Create a meeting policy and assign it to PowerShell
- Enable users for Teams Phone using Calling Plans, and Teams Phone Mobile or Operator Connect if it's configured for your tenant
- Enable users for Direct Routing
- Manage per-user options for Teams Phone
- Describe the differences between auto attendants and call queues
- Design an auto attendant to gather information from callers
- Explain how to set up auto attendants to implement your plan
- Demonstrate how to plan call queues to manage many callers
- Describe how to configure call queues to alert agents and route calls
- Explain how to plan to license auto attendants and call queues
- Understand scenarios for using Teams phones, Teams displays, and Microsoft Teams Rooms with voice services
- Differentiate between the different options for the deployment and management of devices
- Deploy Teams phones and Teams displays
- Configure Teams Phone for Microsoft Teams Rooms
- Manage Teams devices in the Teams admin centre and Teams Rooms Pro Management Portal
- Prepare the Microsoft 365 tenant for Microsoft Teams Rooms deployment
- Create dynamic groups following best practice
- Disable multi-factor authentication for Microsoft Teams Rooms resource accounts
- Configure room mailbox properties
- Lab: Create a dynamic security group
- Lab: Configure security settings
- Lab: Create room resource accounts
- Lab: Configure mailbox properties
- Diagnose and troubleshoot phone number assignment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Microsoft Teams client issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot call failures and quality issues
- Report on and troubleshoot Teams calls with the Call Quality Dashboard (CQD)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Direct Routing issues
- Troubleshoot and monitor Teams devices using the Teams Rooms Pro Portal