The Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU) v1.0 course gives you the knowledge and skills you need to position, plan, implement, operate, and manage a Cisco® wireless LAN (WLAN) network. This WLFNDU v1.0 training course teaches you how to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks on a Cisco WLAN network of any size. This course also earns you 40 Continuing Education (CE) credits towards recertification.
WLFNDU v1.0 Training Delivery Methods
WLFNDU v1.0 Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Describe and implement foundational wireless theory.
- Describe and implement basic wireless security and client access.
- Describe and implement a Cisco wireless network architecture.
- Configure Cisco centralised wireless networks.
- Describe and implement WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting.
We recommend but do not require that you have the following knowledge and skills before taking this course:
- General knowledge of networks
- General knowledge of wireless networks
- Routing and switching knowledge
This course does not lead directly to a certification exam, but it does cover foundational knowledge that can help you prepare for professional-level enterprise wireless courses and exams:
WLFNDU v1.0 Training Outline
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Theory
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Math and Antennas
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Operation
- Describing and Implementing Basic Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing 802.1X and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Implementing Wireless Guest Access and Configuring Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Architecture
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Wired Support
- Configuring Cisco Centralised Wireless Networks
- Describing and Implementing WLAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Practice RF Math
- Antenna Calculations
- Explore the Wi-Fi Environment
- Analyse Wireless Frames
- Configure Client Access
- Configure the Wired Infrastructure
- Configure a Centralised Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Deployment
- Configure a Centralised WLAN Deployment on Cisco 3504 WLC
- Configure a Centralised WLAN Deployment on Cisco 9800 WLC
- Configure an IPv6 Operation in a Centralised WLAN Deployment
- Optimise RF Conditions and Performance for Clients
- Perform Centralised Controller Maintenance
- Use Troubleshooting Tools