In this Architecting on AWS (AWSA) course, you will learn the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. You will learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how they fit into cloud-based solutions. You will explore AWS Cloud best practices and design patterns to help you architect optimal IT solutions on AWS. You will also examine case studies that show how AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented. You will build and explore a variety of infrastructures through a guided, hands-on activity.
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Delivery Methods
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Course Information
In this Architecting on AWS (AWSA) course, you will learn how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Prerequisites
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended AWS Technical Essentials (AWSE)
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam (SAA-C02). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Course Outline
Module 1: Core AWS concepts, knowledge, and services, including designing your environment and making your environment highly available
Module 2: Forklifting an existing application onto AWS
Module 3: Event-driven scaling
Module 4: Automation
Module 5: Decoupling
Module 6: Building a new environment
Module 7: The Well-Architected Framework
Module 8: Troubleshooting your environment
Module 9: Large-scale design patterns and case studies