- 3-day instructor-led training course
Official AWS training curriculum
Architecting on AWS (AWSA)
- Duration: 3 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
In this Architecting on AWS (AWSA) course, you will learn the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. You will learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how they fit into cloud-based solutions. You will explore AWS Cloud best practices and design patterns to help you architect optimal IT solutions on AWS. You will also examine case studies that show how AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented. You will build and explore a variety of infrastructures through a guided, hands-on activity.
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Delivery Methods
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Course Information
In this Architecting on AWS (AWSA) course, you will learn how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Prerequisites
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended AWS Technical Essentials (AWSE)
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam (SAA-C02). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Course Outline
Module 1: Core AWS concepts, knowledge, and services, including designing your environment and making your environment highly available
Module 2: Forklifting an existing application onto AWS
Module 3: Event-driven scaling
Module 4: Automation
Module 5: Decoupling
Module 6: Building a new environment
Module 7: The Well-Architected Framework
Module 8: Troubleshooting your environment
Module 9: Large-scale design patterns and case studies
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Architecting on AWS (AWSA) Course FAQs
This course is intended for anyone with one or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
- Solutions Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
Yes, this course is part of the following AWS certifications:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (ACSAA)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (ACSAP)
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty (ACSS)
This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. Earning AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate validates the ability to design and implement distributed systems on AWS.
Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- One year of hands-on experience with AWS technology, including using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services as well as AWS deployment and management services.
- Experience deploying, managing, and operating workloads on AWS as well as implementing security controls and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS networking, security services, and the AWS global infrastructure.
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement and to define technical requirements for an AWS-based application.