- 2-day instructor-led training course
- One-on-one after course instructor coaching
ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills Training
- Duration: 2 days
- Language: English
- Level: Foundation
Aimed at those who are aspiring to be a team leader, newly appointed team leaders or for those who don’t hold a formal team-leading qualification, this 2-day programme will give you some of the key principles in how to lead an effective team.
ILM is the leading accreditor of leadership and management qualifications in the UK. In order to successfully complete the programme, you will need to complete 2 assignments on:
- Planning & Monitoring Work
- Understanding Effective Team Work
Each assignment will take approximately 5 hours to complete, and tutorial support is available outside of the workshop
- Course includes 2 hours coaching post training.
- At the end of the course you will be set two assignments to complete in your own time.
- When you have submitted your assignment to us, it will be sent for marking at the ILM Assessment Centre.
- You must pass both assessments to obtain the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- You required to adhere to ILM policies on this programme which will be supplied prior to starting the programme.
- Course includes one free assignment remark per module. Additional assignment remarks will incur a fee of £50 per assignment.
ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills Training Delivery Methods
- Earn the ILM Level 2 Award
- After-course instructor coaching benefit included
ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills Training Course Benefits
- Understand how to work within the organisational guidelines to achieve team goals
- Understand how to plan and allocate work
- Understand how to monitor a team’s performance against the plan
- Understand effective working teams
ILM Level 2 Course Outline
- Why planning is important
- How to set highly effective goals and targets for your team
- The impact of policies and procedures on planning
- How to plan including planning tools and techniques
- What is effective communication
- The communication process
- Types of communication
- Key communication skills including listening and body language
- Barriers to communication
- How to give feedback
- Quality standards
- Monitoring performance
- Dealing with poor performance
- The difference between teams and groups
- Types of teams
- High performance teams
- How teams develop
- Team roles
- Characteristics of effective team
- Values and teams
- Barriers to effective team working
- What is conflict
- Strategies for dealing with conflict
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.