This MS-102 Administrator Essentials Training course covers the following key elements of Microsoft 365 administration: Microsoft 365 tenant management, Microsoft 365 identity synchronisation, and Microsoft 365 security and compliance.
In Microsoft 365 tenant management, you learn how to configure your Microsoft 365 tenant, including your organisational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, security groups, and administrative roles. You then transition to configuring Microsoft 365, primarily focusing on configuring Office client connectivity. Finally, you explore how to manage user-driven client installations of Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise deployments.
The course then transitions to an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 identity synchronisation, focusing on Microsoft Entra and Connect Cloud Sync. You learn how to plan for and implement each of these directory synchronisation options, manage synchronised identities, and implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multifactor authentication and self-service password management.
In Microsoft 365 security management, you examine the common threat vectors and data breaches facing organisations today. You then learn how Microsoft 365’s security solutions address each threat. You are introduced to the Microsoft Secure Score, as well as to Microsoft Entra Identity Protection. You then learn to manage the Microsoft 365 security services, including Exchange Online Protection, Safe Attachments, and Safe Links. Finally, you are introduced to the various reports that monitor an organisation’s security health. You then transition from security services to threat intelligence; specifically, using Microsoft 365 Defender, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
Once you understand Microsoft 365’s security suite, you examine the critical components of Microsoft 365 compliance management. This begins with an overview of all critical aspects of data governance, including data archiving and retention, Microsoft Purview message encryption, and data loss prevention (DLP). You then delve deeper into archiving and retention, paying particular attention to Microsoft Purview insider risk management, information barriers, and DLP policies. You then examine implementing these compliance features using data classification and sensitivity labels.
Administrator Essentials Training Delivery Methods
Administrator Essentials Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Configure Microsoft 365 tenant profiles, subscription options, component services, user accounts, licenses, security groups, and administrative roles.
- Manage client installations of Microsoft 365 Apps.
- Implement and manage Microsoft 365 identity synchronisation.
- Manage Microsoft 365 security services, including managing services like Exchange Online Protection, Safe Attachments, and Safe Links.
- Get acquainted with Microsoft Secure Score, Microsoft Entra Identity Protection, and various reports that monitor an organisation's security health.
- Use Microsoft 365 Defender, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Manage and monitor tenant health and services in Microsoft 365.
- Use Microsoft 365 Adoption Score and Microsoft 365 usage analytics, and develop an incident response plan.
- Explore Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise functionality, assessing app compatibility, overseeing self-service installation, and managing updates using the Microsoft 365 Apps admin centre.
- Analyse Microsoft 365 workplace data using Microsoft Viva Insights and create custom analysis.
- Manage user passwords in Microsoft 365.
- Enable pass-through authentication and multi-factor authentication,
- Implement Microsoft Entra Smart Lockout and conditional access policies, and run an access review.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security and Compliance, or Collaboration.
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Attend MD-102: Microsoft 365 Endpoint Administrator – or equivalent experience and knowledge.
This course can help you prepare for the following Microsoft role-based certification exam — MS-102: Microsoft 365 Administrator.
Candidates for this exam are Microsoft 365 administrators who deploy and manage Microsoft 365. They perform Microsoft 365 tenant-level implementation and administration of cloud and hybrid environments.
Administrator Essentials Training Outline
- Configure your Microsoft 365 experience
- Manage users, licenses, and mail contacts in Microsoft 365
- Manage groups in Microsoft 365
- Add a custom domain in Microsoft 365
- Configure client connectivity to Microsoft 365
- Configure administrative roles in Microsoft 365
- Manage tenant health and services in Microsoft 365
- Deploy Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Analyse your Microsoft 365 workplace data using Microsoft Viva Insights
- Explore identity synchronisation
- Prepare for identity synchronisation to Microsoft 365
- Implement directory synchronisation tools
- Manage synchronised identities
- Manage secure user access in Microsoft 365
- Examine threat vectors and data breaches
- Explore the Zero Trust security model
- Explore security solutions in Microsoft 365 Defender
- Examine Microsoft Secure Score
- Examine Privileged Identity Management
- Examine Azure Identity Protection
- Examine Exchange Online Protection
- Examine Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Manage Safe Attachments
- Manage Safe Links
- Explore threat intelligence in Microsoft 365 Defender
- Implement app protection by using Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
- Implement endpoint protection by using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Implement threat protection by using Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Examine data governance solutions in Microsoft Purview
- Explore archiving and records management in Microsoft 365
- Explore retention in Microsoft 365
- Explore Microsoft Purview Message Encryption
- Explore compliance in Microsoft 365
- Implement Microsoft Purview Insider Risk Management
- Implement Microsoft Purview Implementation Barriers
- Explore Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention
- Implement Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention
- Implement data classification of sensitive information
- Explore sensitivity labels
- Implement sensitivity labels