- 3-day instructor-led training course
Official AWS training curriculum
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS)
- Duration: 3 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
DevOps Engineering on AWS demonstrates how to use the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy and maintain applications on AWS. The course covers the core principles of the DevOps methodology and examines a number of use cases applicable to startup, small-medium business, and enterprise development scenarios.
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS) Delivery Methods
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS) Course Information
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS) course, you will learn how to:
- Use the principal concepts and practices behind the DevOps methodology.
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports one or more DevOps development projects.
- Use AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Set up Git on AWS and understand the array of options for enabling a Continuous Integration environment on AWS.
- Use the core principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Implement several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing.
- Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and Amazon EC2 Container Service), and decide which technology best fits a given scenario.
- Fine-tune the applications you deliver on AWS for high performance and use AWS tools and technologies to monitor your application and environment for potential issues.
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS) Prerequisites
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended Systems Operations on AWS (AWSSYS) or Attended Developing on AWS (AWSD).
- Working knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages (C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Intermediate knowledge of administering Linux or Windows systems at the command-line level.
- Working experience with AWS using both the AWS.
- Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI).
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional exam (DOP-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS) Course Outline
- What is DevOps?
- Infrastructure as Code, Part 1: Design and Security
- Infrastructure as Code, Part 2: CloudFormation and Configuration Management
- Continuous Integration in the Cloud
- Continuous Delivery on AWS
- Deploying Applications on AWS, Part 1
- Deploying Applications on AWS, Part 2
- Putting It All Together
- Performance-Tuning Your Deployments
- Administering and Automating Your Infrastructure
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
DevOps Engineering on AWS (AWSDEVOPS) Course FAQs
This course is intended for individuals with two or more years of experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments.
- System Administrators
- Software Developers
Yes, this course is part of the following AWS certification:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional (ACDOEP)
This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. Earning AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional validates the ability to automate the testing and deployment of AWS infrastructure and applications.
Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language, building highly automated infrastructures and administering operating systems.
- Understanding of modern development and operations processes and methodologies.
- Ability to implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Ability to implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.