Bring this or any training to your organisation
Full-scale programme development
Delivered when, where, and how you want it
Blended learning models
Expert team coaching
Advanced Level test Analyst - ISTQB Software Testing Certification Training
- Duration: 3 days
- Labs: Yes
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced
This course provides test engineers with advanced skills in test analysis, design, and execution. This hands-on course allows test engineers to define and carry out the tasks required to implement the test strategy. The course will teach attendees to analyse the system, considering the user’s quality expectations. They will learn to evaluate system requirements as part of formal and informal reviews, using their understanding of the business domain to determine requirement validity.
Attendees will know how to analyse, design, implement, and execute tests, using risk considerations to determine the appropriate test effort and priority. They will be able to report on testing progress and provide the necessary evidence to support their evaluations of system quality. Finally, attendees will learn how to implement a testing effort that supports the explicit and implicit testing objectives.
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility
Advanced Level test Analyst Course Information
In this training, you will learn how to:
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used.
- Determine the proper prioritisation of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis.
- Select and apply appropriate test techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence based on defined coverage criteria.
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to their testing activities.
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
- Work effectively in a usability testing team.
- Effectively participate in requirements/user story reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
- Improve the efficiency of the test process with the use of tools.
You must have obtained an ISTQB Foundation Level Certification (CTFL) to be eligible for Advanced Level Certification and have 3 years of experience.
Prior to attending class, please download and review the following document: https://astqb.org/assets/documents/Advanced-Level-Syllabus-2019-1-Test-Analyst.pdf)
ISTQB CTAL-TA Course Outline
Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Low-level and High-level Test Cases
- Design of Test Cases
- Prioritising the Tests
- Adjusting Testing for Future Test Cycles
Black-Box Test Techniques
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Table Testing
- State Transition Testing
- Classification Tree Technique
- Pairwise Testing
- Use Case Testing
- Combining Techniques
Experience-Based Test Techniques
- Error Guessing
- Checklist-Based Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Defect-Based Test Techniques
Applying the Most Appropriate Technique
Quality Characteristics for Business Domain Testing
- Functional Correctness Testing
- Functional Appropriateness Testing
- Functional Completeness Testing
- Interoperability Testing
- Usability Evaluation
- Portability Testing
Using Checklists in Reviews
- Requirements Reviews
- User Story Reviews
- Tailoring Checklists
Types of Test Tools 51
- Test Design Tools
- Test Data Preparation Tools
- Automated Test Execution Tools
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want, including online training.