- 5-day instructor-led training course
- Authorised Cisco Training Provider
- Providing over 20 years of Cisco training
- Tuition fee can be paid later by invoice -OR- at the time of checkout by credit card
- Attend virtuallly from your home or office
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS v3.0) Training
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
This course is a lab-intensive course which introduces you to the basic next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and firewall security concepts, and the Cisco Firepower system components and features. The course then leads you through the powerful features of the Cisco Firepower system, in-depth event analysis, NGIPS tuning and configuration, Snort® rules language overview, and the latest platform features including File & Malware inspection, Security Intelligence, Domain Awareness, and more.
The course begins by introducing the system architecture, the latest key features, and the role of policies when implementing the solution. You also learn how to manage deployed devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery before moving on to describe how to use and configure Cisco NGIPS technology, including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls. You also learn to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence while taking advantage of powerful tools for more efficient event analysis, including file type and network-based malware detection. The course finishes with system and user administration tasks. This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure you are able to successfully deploy and manage the Cisco Firepower system.
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of intrusion detection systems (IDS) and IPS
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environment. Targeted roles include:
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS v3.0) Training Delivery Methods
- Cisco Authorised course content
- Authorised Cisco CCSI instructor
- Eligible for Cisco Learning Credit (CLC) redemption
- Attend in-class, online or bring the course to your facility
- Expansive course catalogue to go deeper into Cisco or broaden you skills beyond
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS v3.0) Training Course BenefitsDescribe the key features and concepts of NGIPS and firewall securityDescribe the Cisco Firepower system components, features, and high-level implementation stepsNavigate the Cisco Firepower Management Centre GUI and understand the role of policies when configuring the Cisco Firepower systemDeploy and manage Cisco Firepower managed devicesPerform an initial Cisco Firepower discovery and basic event analysis to identify hosts, applications, and servicesIdentify and create the objects required as prerequisites to implementing access control policiesIdentify the features and functionality of access control policies and the implementation proceduresDescribe the concepts and implementation procedures of security intelligenceDescribe the concepts and implementation procedures of file control and advanced malware protectionUse Cisco Firepower recommendations to implement IPS policiesExplain the use of network analysis policies and the role of preprocessor technology in processing network traffic for NGIPS inspectionDescribe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management CentreDescribe major Cisco Firepower Management Centre system administration and user account management features
SSFIPS Course Outline
- Module 1: Security Technology Overview
- Module 2: Cisco Firepower System Components and Features
- Module 3: Introducing the Cisco Firepower Management Centre
- Module 4: Deploying Cisco Firepower Managed Devices
- Module 5: Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Module 6: Access Control Policy Prerequisites
- Module 7: Implementing Access Control Policies
- Module 9: File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Module 10: Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Module 11: Network Analysis Policies
- Module 12: Detailed Analysis Techniques
- Lab 1: Connect to the Lab Environment
- Lab 2: Navigate the Cisco Firepower Management Centre GUI
- Lab 3: Device Management
- Lab 4: Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Lab 5: Access Control Policy Prerequisites
- Lab 6: Implementing an Access Control Policy
- Lab 7: Security Intelligence
- Lab 8: File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Lab 9: Implementing NGIPS
- Lab 10: Detailed Analysis
- Lab 11: System Administration
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training, as well as using the self-study materials provided.
During your checkout of the course, make sure to select Credits & Vouchers within the payment method. Highlight and click CLC and enter the sales order number that you were issued by Cisco.
You will need to register for the exam. Exams are offered as proctored exams at a test centre, or self-administered online.
To earn Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower, you need to pass a core exam and a data centre concentration exam of your choice. The 500-285 SFFIPS is the core exam. Passing this 350-601 DCCOR exam completes your selected concentration exam. Comprehensive Cisco Certification information can be found here.