5-day instructor-led training course
Official AWS training curriculum
Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX)
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
This Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) course combines Architecting on AWS and Advanced Architecting on AWS to offer a comprehensive, immersive course in cloud architecture. It covers all aspects of how to architect for the cloud over 5 days. You will learn how to design cloud architectures, starting small and working to large-scale enterprise-level designs—and everything in between. Starting with the Well Architected Framework, you will be immersed in AWS services like compute, storage, database, networking, security, monitoring, automation, optimization, benefits of decoupling applications and serverless, building for resilience, and understanding costs. Using hands-on labs, you will apply knowledge from lectures to gain skills.
Architecting on AWS Accelerator (AWS-ARCH-AX) Training Delivery Methods
Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) Course Information
In this Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) course, you will learn how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices Use AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Use AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) Prerequisites
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing, which can be learned in AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (CP-ESS).
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking concepts such as VPNs, routing, subnets/gateways, segments, and user permissions.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of multi-tier architectures and distributed systems.
Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) Exam Information
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam (SAA-C02). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) Course Outline
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Networking with AWS
- Core AWS concepts, knowledge, and services, including designing your environment and making your environment highly available
- Event-driven scaling
- Building for resilience
- Serverless designs
- Data security
- Advance networking topics
- How to grow your architecture from small to extremely large
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Architecting on AWS Accelerator (ARCH-AX) FAQs
This course is intended for anyone with one or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
- Solutions Architects who are new to designing and building cloud architectures
- Data Center Architects who are migrating from on-premises environment-to-cloud architectures
- Other IT/cloud roles who want to understand how to design and build cloud architectures
Yes, this course is part of the following AWS certifications:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (ACSAA)
This credential helps organisations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. Earning AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate validates the ability to design and implement distributed systems on AWS.
Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- One year of hands-on experience with AWS technology, including using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services as well as AWS deployment and management services.
- Experience deploying, managing, and operating workloads on AWS as well as implementing security controls and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS networking, security services, and the AWS global infrastructure.
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement and to define technical requirements for an AWS-based application.
Advanced Architecting on AWS (AWSAA) is the next course you should take after finishing this AWS course. It prepares you for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (ACSAP).
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available online, in person, or as Private Team Training.