- Bring this or any training to your organization
- Full - scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
Leading Through a Crisis
- Duration: 1 day
- Language: English
- Level: Foundation
Your organization, or any social group of which you are a member, is likely to encounter a crisis in the future. This course will provide a framework for addressing this crisis as a leader. It will show you how to lead through crisis by marshalling the efforts of followers and stakeholders towards a realistic future state in which the organization and those affected can once again thrive.
This is a one-day hands-on course with no exams and no certifications but much discussion. A realistic case study will be used to amplify all learning objectives.
Leading Through a Crisis Delivery Methods
- Learn to apply a practical leadership framework to crisis resolution
- Learn to effectively communicate while addressing crisis dynamics
- Apply skills learned via a realistic case study
Leading Through a Crisis Course Benefits
- Define of a crisis in terms of a social structure’s inability to thrive and the difference between a problem and a crisis.
- Articulate (in a transparent fashion) the current state of a social structure that is not thriving due to a crisis in a way that motivates followers to recognize the need for change.
- Realistically define a future state in which the social structure once again thrives in a way that inspires followers to embrace change.
- Apply the basic models for change.
- The importance of communicating the specific model for change to followers and “owning it” as the leader.
- How to influence followers on the road to change.
Leading Through a Crisis Outline
- Anatomy of a crisis through real world examples
- Overview of the course Case Study
- Social groups affected by a crisis
- Decision rules employed by social groups to handle problems
- The definition of a crisis as opposed to a problem
- Double loop learning in a crisis
- Data sources in a crisis
- Acknowledgement of a crisis
- Crisis leadership as a decision
- Activity: Defining crises occurring in your social groups
- The dynamics of a crisis and the role of the leader
- Defining the current state of a social group under crisis
- Defining those who are hurt, vulnerable, suffering
- Defining the stakeholders in a crisis
- The need for data analytics in defining a crisis
- Examples in defining the current state
- Case Study: Defining the current state
- Determining the leader’s vision for the future state
- Building a goal statement
- Historical examples
- Case Study: Defining the future state
- Defining what must change as a crisis is resolved
- Applying traditional project management in crisis resolution
- Defining the deliverables
- Applying agile management in crisis resolution
- Defining what must be learned
- Innovation in crisis resolution
- Examples in determining the appropriate change model
- Case Study: Determining the change model
- Determining the emotional dynamics of a crisis
- Standard leadership models
- The crisis leadership model
- Emotional Intelligence during a crisis
- The leader’s need to influence in a crisis
- Influencing techniques in a crisis
- Decision making during a crisis
- Building the crisis management team
- Case Study: Building the crisis management team
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
No, the course is about leadership not standard processes.