Preparing Modern Leaders to be Strategic and People-First in Complex Environments
The best businesses of today understand that leadership acumen is not a luxury but a necessity for success. Great leaders are people-first conductors who understand how to communicate, motivate, and innovate. They are not only experts in their technical fields, but just as importantly they are masters of strategic execution and change management.
We often think of great leadership as the ability to envision a path to success, to develop a strategy to get there, and to ensure that it gets implemented effectively. While those abilities are crucial, it is often the less obvious skills that can make all the difference between success and failure. At Learning Tree, we know from experience that great communication is the foundation of great leadership. People-first leaders know how to empathize, motivate, and support their teams in complex environments.
Great leaders need to know how to:
- Make better decisions faster in the face of increasing complexity
- Align strategy and execution
- Take advantage of change and reduce fear
- Increase the impact of our teams on organizational performance
- Develop collaborative solutions by influencing and partnering with stakeholders
- Drive breakthrough innovation by borrowing principles of design thinking
Learning Tree takes leadership development to the next level through action-based learning with instructors who have deep real-world experience.
- Duke Corporate Education Advanced Technology Leadership Program, which partners with the highly rated Duke Corporate Education to take attendees beyond passive lecture to deep learning and hands-on practice of the six most critical leadership areas based on our extensive research and experience.
- More than 40 instructor-led management and leadership-related courses, from Communication Skills and Women’s Leadership to 21st Century Leadership Training: Inspiring Excellence and Engagement and IT Management Skills Training.
- Pre- and post-skills assessments to identify learner strengths and weaknesses, and to track progress.
- Turn-key cohort-based enterprise training programs that transform your high-potential employees into great leaders efficiently and at scale.
- Individual and group-based coaching to take the most ambitious and highest-potential managers from good to great and from traditional to modern.
Our Leadership and Professional Development training solutions are specifically designed for those with a range of leadership experience, including emerging leaders, new leaders, and even experienced leaders. Many businesses find themselves in the position of promoting high-performing individual contributors who prove they have what it takes to lead teams through the successful execution of your organization’s strategic vision.
But according to a 2021 McKinsey report, 46 percent of individual-contributor-to-leader transitions fail, leading to 20% less engagement in the teams they lead and 15% lower performance.
THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS LEARNING TREE CAN HELP SET YOU OR YOUR LEADERS UP FOR SUCCESS:
FOR INDIVIDUAL TRAINING:
- Certification courses, such as PMP Certification Training and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification Training
- Specific skills-based courses, including Building an Effective Case Training, Complex Project Management Training, and Introduction to Project Management Training
- Foundational Leadership Program, which provides a curated combination of in-person or virtual assessments, instructor-led courses, on-demand courses, case studies, personal coaching, capstone project, and a program certificate upon completion
- Duke CE Advanced Technology Leadership Program, which partners with the highly rated Duke Corporate Education to take attendees beyond passive lecture to deep learning and hands-on practice of the six most critical leadership areas based on our extensive research and experience.
Individuals may utilize organizational resources such as training budgets or tuition reimbursement for payment.
FOR ENTERPRISE-LEVEL TALENT SOLUTIONS:
Skills-based courses on communication, public speaking, influencing, change management, and leadership, as well as two leadership programs (foundational and advanced):
- For groups
- For individuals
- On-site at place of work
- In-person at a Learning Tree Education Center
We offer more than 55 individual instructor-led courses in professional development and business skills; management; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and leadership.
Our 5 most popular leadership and professional development courses are:
- Navigating Increasing Complexity
- Management Skills Training
- Certificate in Change Management: APMG CM Training
- Developing Your Leadership Voice for Presence and Impact
- Influencing Skills Training: Getting Results Without Direct Authority
For a full list of leadership and professional development courses, visit: Leadership and Professional Development | Learning Tree
Duke CE Advanced Technology Leadership Program
Our Duke CE Advanced Technology Leadership Program is a core program in our Leadership practice, offering an expertly curated curriculum to take leaders beyond passive lectures to deep learning and hands-on practice of the six most critical leadership areas:
- Translating Strategy Into Results
- Navigating Increasing Complexity
- Elevating Team Impact
- Influencing Collaborative Solutions
- Thriving in Dynamic Change
- Driving Breakthrough Innovation
For more information on our Duke Advanced Technology Leadership Program, visit: The Duke CE Advanced Technology Leadership Program | Learning Tree
Meet a Few of Our Leadership Instructors
Managing Director of Leadership Practices
Learning Tree Instructor
Learning Tree Instructor
Featured Leadership Courses
Check out the latest blogs!
Alan O'Callaghan mars 24, 2023What Is A Team?
Lisa Bazlamit mars 08, 20234 Things Every Woman Leader Should Do Right Now — Transformational Leadership for Women
Jonathan Gilbert augusti 05, 2022The Game Has Changed for Businesses and for Leaders
The Latest in Leadership
The business world is changing at an alarming rate, and the need to keep yourself and your team up to date with the latest skills and technologies is vital to organizational success. From cybersecurity to leadership to project management, this webinar will cover a wide range of in-demand skills and related topics across all industries. Learn how important it is to acquire these skills, and what it could mean for your professional role and career. Tune in to get all this and more, all in one watch.
The Duke Advanced Technology Leadership Program creates people-first leaders who know how to innovate, communicate, and motivate even in the highly complex, hurried, and uncertain environments in which most of us work today.
Developing a strategic plan of project execution can greatly increase your chances of reaching your performance targets. Join us and Duke Corporate Education as we discuss closing the strategy-execution gap and taking your organisational strategy from point A to point Z.
Earn 1 CEU
Business Agility is essential to organizational transformation and success in this disruptive and complex world. SAFe has clearly emerged as the leader in both public and private sectors to achieve this edge. In this overview session, Organizational Agility Expert Eshan Chawla will provide a brief introduction to SAFe, how to build your expertise, and why it is imperative for surviving and thriving in this environment.
Seventy-five percent of digital transformation initiatives fall short of their intended objectives. However, recent research on the twenty-five percent of digital transformations that achieved their intended outcomes provides insight into what’s required to win, and it has to do with people, as opposed to technology. In this timely and engaging webinar, we will explore the gap between digital transformation strategy and execution. We will also explore six key tools leaders can use to convert digital transformation strategy into real results.
Earn 1 CEU
Financial Services Organization Investing in Developing Women Leaders: Greater than 25% Promotion Rate
See how Learning Tree can help organizations target high-performing women, identified as potential leaders, to develop better representation within management and senior-level job roles.