What You Need to Know About How to Renew Your ITIL®, Prince2® and AgileSHIFT® Certifications
PeopleCert recently announced a new Continuing Professional Development Program. Starting this year, PeopleCert’s Global Best Practice certifications will be issued with a renew-by date. All candidates with a PeopleCert Global Best Practice certification can choose to renew within three years of their original certification dates.
- If you already hold a certificate that you received before June 30, 2020, you must renew it by July 1, 2023, to prevent expiration.
- If you hold a certificate that you received after June 30, 2020, you must renew it within three years of the original award date.
Learning Tree certifications with the option to renew after 3 years include:
(PeopleCert rules also apply to AgileSHIFT, MSP® (4th and 5th), M_o_R® (3rd and 4th), MoP®, P3O®, MoV®, and RESILIA®).
Limited Time Offer!
Save 20% on an ITIL or Prince2 certification course
with code RENEW20
- May only be used once per customer.
- Must register by June 30, 2023.
- Must complete the course by December 31, 2023.
- Premium and Partner courses are excluded.
Renew Your Certification by Taking a Course
In addition to simply retaking the original exam, you can also take another certification course and exam in the same certification suite to renew your certification.
ITIL 4 Certification Suite
- ITIL® 4 Foundation Training • course 1199
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver, and Support Training • course 1281
- ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan, and Improve Training • course 1282
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value Training • course 1283
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: High-Velocity IT Training • course 1284
- ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy Training • course 1285
Learn all the details about this new program and how it will affect your certification.
PeopleCert’s new Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program is designed to help candidates stay ahead in the competitive labor market by keeping up-to-date with the skills and best practices to support their professional development.
This new program benefits certified individuals in several ways, including:
- Provides incentive to continue to learn and certify new skills
- Helps you stay competitive with current and relevant industry and best practice skills, knowledge, ideas, and learning
- Supports career advancement opportunities and stay ahead in a competitive job market
- Helps you demonstrate your commitment to upskilling to current and future employers
- Elevates your personal brand and enhance their professional resume
All candidates with relevant Global Best Practice certifications will be given the option to renew within three years of their original certification dates.
- If you were certified before 30 June 2020: You will have until 1 July 2023 to choose to renew your certification(s), regardless of your original award date.
- If you were certified after June 2020: You will have the option to renew your certification(s) within 3 years of the original award date.
Candidates that choose not to renew will still be included on the Successful Candidates Register (SCR) and the Candidate Verification Service, but a note will be added to their record to indicate that their certification needs to be renewed to align with current certification requirements.
Your renew-by date can be viewed by logging into your PeopleCert account.
Currently, there are two renewal paths available:
- Retake the same exam: You can choose to renew your certification by re-taking your original exam before the renewal date.
- Take further courses and certifications: You can choose to renew your certification by attending another course and taking an exam within the same product suite before the renewal date.
The product suites are as follows:
- ITIL 4 Product Suite: All ITIL 4 certifications
- Project, Programme & Portfolio Management Product Suite: PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, M_o_R, MSP, MoV, MoP, P3O
- AgileSHIFT Product Suite: All AgileSHIFT®certifications
- RESILIA Product Suite: All RESILIA certifications
From March 2023, a third renewal path will be available:
- Collect and log CPD points: You will be able to choose to renew your certification by collecting and logging CPD points.
- More details on this path will follow soon.
Make a plan sooner rather than later to renew your certification, especially if you wish to renew by continuing on your certification journey. Keeping your certification current will ensure that you reap the benefits of certification as a way to validate your skills and knowledge, whether it be in ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, AgileShift, or one of the other PeopleCert certifications.
Our Customer Solutions Team is ready to help you prepare for this new change and manage your next steps.
ITIL®, PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile®, AgileSHIFT®, MoP®, and MSP® are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo® is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.