- Bring this or any training to your organization
Full-scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM Certification)
- Duration: 2 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile 5.1 Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
The course covers the facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course also offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
SASM Certification Delivery Methods
SASM Certification Course Benefits
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
SAFe 5.1 Advanced Scrum Master certificate and digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
Exam included; Passing includes a certificate and digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
All are welcome to attend the training, regardless of experience. However, holding one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the certification exam:
- SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
- The first exam attempt is included if the web-based exam is taken within 30 days of course completion
- 60 multiple-choice questions in 2 hours, closed-book
- 70% Passing Score (42 out of 60 correct)
- Each retake attempt costs $50 US.
- A second attempt on the exam can be done immediately after the first attempt.
- The third attempt requires a 10-day wait.
- The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
- Annual renewal fee of $195 US (includes renewal for SSM if up-to-date).
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
SASM Certification FAQs
Here are the step-by-step instructions to claim your SAFe course Project Management Institute (PMI) PDUs
- Log into PMI.org
- Follow this link: PMI's Continuing Certification Renewal System (CCRS)
- Each SAFe course has its own Claim Code that can be used. Claim codes for SAFe classes can be found on Scaled Agile's website under the SAFe Courses tab, at the bottom of the course pages.
- Enter the claim code under the "PDU Claim Code" section.