Learning Tree collects identifiable information (Personal Information) that you may provide to us when you enroll in one of our courses, send us registration over the Internet, or mail or contact us by phone or through the Internet. This information may include your name, job title, organization information, contact information, date of birth, payment information (such as credit card), previous educational history and work experience.
Web Site “Log-File” Information:
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes only the Internet (IP) address. It does not recognize your domain or your e-mail address.
We use Google analytics within our websites to monitor how visitors move around the website and how they reached it. This is done so that we can see statistics on the types of content users access. The Google cookies also tell us if you have visited the site before and allow us to track how many individual users the websites have. The Google cookies cannot be used to identify individuals – they are only used for statistical purposes only. You can opt out of Google cookies here.
From time to time we may have links to other services such as Social media or video services on our sites. These services may drop cookies on your computer when you use them, especially if you are already logged into their service. Due to the nature of how cookies work, Learning Tree cannot access these cookies nor control their use. Likewise, these 3rd party services cannot access Learning Tree's session or analytics cookies.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies and to set your own cookie preferences on your computer.
These preferences can be to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at all. However, by opting not to receive cookies at any time, certain features of the website cannot be provided. All web browsers are different and to learn how to change your cookie preferences, check the "Help" menu of your browser.
Users can block most cookies (except for Flash cookies) by activating the setting on their browser that allows users to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if the browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) users may not be able to access all or parts of the website, or users may experience reduced functionality or unexpected operations when accessing certain services.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser.
Cookies notification and control
Learning Tree uses two means of notification of cookie use. Some Company websites may provide a cookie control that is visible in the lower left or right hand side of the page.
Utilization of Information:
Learning Tree will only use your Information for the specific purpose for which you submitted the Information, except that Learning Tree may use Information obtained from this site in a non-identifiable aggregate form to provide advertisers and/or other third parties our general Web site usage statistics. Learning Tree will use your Information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with information about Learning Tree courses and services;
- Enroll you in one of Learning Tree’s courses or programs and manage your participation in the course;
- Keep track of your completion of courses;
- Communicate with you about a course you have enrolled in;
- Respond to your inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on the Site, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other online activities;
- Communicate with you about other courses or programs that may be of interest to you.
- Communicate with you about specific jobs, job opportunities or general information about employment opportunities with Learning Tree, in the event you submitted your resume online. Please note additional terms and policies will apply for employment applicants.
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events for other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers, if you have opted to receive such communications either by providing us with your contact information (including email address). You can opt-out of receiving marketing information at any time either by selecting preferences at the time you provide us with your information, following the unsubscribe links on any marketing sent to you or by calling 1-888-843-8733. Except as provided below, we do not make the e-mail addresses of those who visit our Web site available to other organizations.
Telephone Numbers and Telephone Calls from Learning Tree.
Visitors who provide us with their telephone numbers may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders (or requests for information) they have placed online. They also may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending an e-mail to us, by calling us, or by writing to us. Except as provided below, we DO NOT make the telephone numbers of those who visit our Web site available to other organizations.
Your Workplace Mailing Address.
If you provide us with your workplace mailing address you may receive periodic mailings from us at your workplace with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending an e-mail to us, by calling us, or by writing us.
Disclosure of Information
Learning Tree considers your Information confidential and does not sell it to others. However, there are limited circumstances that require us to share it with others.
- Agents and Service Providers: We sometimes employ or contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as supporting our systems infrastructure, providing recruiting services, and supporting our call centers. These parties are under a legal obligation to only use your Information for purposes related to the services they provide.
- Business Transfers: If Learning Tree or one of its business units is sold or its assets is/are acquired, Information relevant to the operation sold could be one of the transferred assets.
- Course Partners: If you enroll in, or attend a course presented by one of our Partners (e.g. Disney Institute), Learning Tree will send the Course Partner all information related to the course and your participation, including contact and course information.
Learning Tree does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under age 18 without appropriate consent from the minor and in some circumstances their parent/guardian.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, the governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or submission of any personal information will therefore constitute your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your home country.
This site has security measures in place designed to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect data transmissions of personal information. Learning Tree will not be liable for disclosures of your personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. We have undertaken all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized Internet access to visitor data retained in our servers, however, Learning Tree cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their personal information may be intercepted in transit.
Providing Access to Personal Information
Upon request, and unless prohibited by law, Learning Tree shall inform customers of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and provide access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may make content or services from other web sites including our affiliated Web sites available to you from links located on this web site. These “other” domains (web sites) are not controlled by Learning Tree International. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. Visiting sites linked from www.LearningTree.com is at your own risk.
If you wish to opt-out of mail communications, please let us know your preference here. To opt out of phone or mail communications, please send your request via email to email@example.com. Please allow up to 10 days for Learning Tree to process your request.
Comments and Questions