Bring this or any training to your organisation
Full-scale programme development
Delivered when, where, and how you want it
Blended learning models
Expert team coaching
SAFe® Agile Software Engineering 5.0 Training
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
12 PMI PDUs
- Level: Intermediate
The software engineering discipline has evolved over the past decade with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. As a result, new skills and approaches to software engineering help organisations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented SAFe® Agile Software Engineering course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how Lean-Agile principles are driving these changes, including the continuous flow of value delivery, fast feedback on decisions, and building in quality. They will connect these principles to modern developing practices, including XP technical practices, Behavioural-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), and applying the Agile Testing Quadrant. Attendees will learn the best practices to model, design, implement, verify, validate, deploy, and release stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on emergent architecture and intention design.
This course also prepares you to take the Scaled Agile exam and achieve SAFe® Agile Software Engineer 5.0 (ASE) certification. Course tuition includes the exam.
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility
Agile Software Engineering Training Course Information
- Exam Included
- SAFe certificate and a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership to the SAFe Community
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
In this course, you will learn the following:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices.
- Apply the Test First practice to create alignment between tests and requirements.
- Utilise the test infrastructure and create tests with Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD).
- Outline models for communication and representation.
- Design from context and Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design.
- Create an Agile software engineering plan and minimum marketable feature (MMF).
All are welcome to attend the training, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended to make training more productive:
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
Duration: 120 minutes
Number of Questions: 60
Passing Score: 70%
Delivery: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Access: Practice and certification exams are available in your Scaled Agile Community portal under the course you’re attending.
Cost: Initial cost is included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion.
Retake Fee: $50; $250 for SPCs
Retake Policy: First retake may be taken immediately after the first failed attempt. Second retake may be taken 10 days after the first retake. Third retake may be taken 30 days after the second retake. All subsequent retakes require a 30-day wait.
This course is aligned to SAFe 5.0 and is the latest version of the course availalable from Scaled Agile.
Agile Software Engineering Course Outline
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Values, principles, and practices
- Applying intentional architecture
- Thinking Test First
- Creating a Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF)
- Creating tests with Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD)
- Modelling stories
- Building systems with code quality
- Building systems with design quality
- Lower-level testing with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Agile Software Engineering Course FAQs
SAFe® is a set of organisational patterns intended to guide enterprises in scaling lean and agile practices.
This course is taught on version 5.0.
Scaled Agile does not plan to update this course to SAFe 6.0. The content in the 5.0 version of the courses is still excellent and attendees can still earn a SAFe 5.0 certification which is the most current certification available.
Course tuition includes the exam.
This course also prepares you to take the Scaled Agile exam and achieve SAFe® Agile Software Engineer (ASE) certification.
Certification candidates and existing credential holders are responsible for reporting all Continuing Certification Requirements Program (CCR) activities to PMI (Project Management Institute). To report the completion of a Learning Tree course, you can use the Online PDU (Professional Development Units) Resources System.
- Go to the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System https://ccrs.pmi.org/
- Log in with your username and password
- Locate the claim code associated with your course in the table in this document
- Click on “Report PDU for this activity”
- Fill in the date started and date completed
- Click on the box agreeing that this claim is accurate and then submit
PDU Information for This Course:
- Total PDUs: 12
- Ways of Working PDUs: 12
- Power Skills PDUs: 0
- Business Acumen PDUs: 0
- PMI Claim Code: 4446ZU91C3
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- QA Managers, Testers