3-day instructor-led training course
SAFe certificate and a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
A one-year certified membership to the SAFe Community
Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
One-on-one after-course instructor coaching
SAFe® Agile Software Engineering Training
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
The software engineering discipline has evolved over the past decade with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. As a result, new skills and approaches to software engineering help organisations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented SAFe® Agile Software Engineering course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how Lean-Agile principles are driving these changes, including the continuous flow of value delivery, fast feedback on decisions, and building in quality. They will connect these principles to modern developing practices, including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), and applying the Agile Testing Quadrant. Attendees will learn the best practices to model, design, implement, verify, validate, deploy, and release stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on emergent architecture and intention design.
This course also prepares you to take the Scaled Agile exam and achieve SAFe® Agile Software Engineer (ASE) certification. Course tuition includes the exam.
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility
Agile Software Engineering Training Course Information
In this course, you will learn the following:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices.
- Apply the Test First practice to create alignment between tests and requirements.
- Utilise the test infrastructure and create tests with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD).
- Outline models for communication and representation.
- Design from context and Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design.
- Create an Agile software engineering plan and minimum marketable feature (MMF).
All are welcome to attend the training, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended to make training more productive:
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
Information about the exam will be released by SAFe shortly.
- Attendees must fully attend both days in-class, to qualify for the exam
- Annual renewal fee of $100
Agile Software Engineering Course Outline
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Values, principles, and practices
- Applying intentional architecture
- Thinking Test First
- Creating a Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF)
- Creating tests with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Modelling stories
- Building systems with code quality
- Building systems with design quality
- Lower-level testing with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Agile Software Engineering Course FAQs
SAFe® is a set of organisational patterns intended to guide enterprises in scaling lean and agile practices.
This course is taught on version 4.6.
Course tuition includes the exam.
This course also prepares you to take the Scaled Agile exam and achieve SAFe® Agile Software Engineer (ASE) certification.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to claim your SAFe course Project Management Institute (PMI) PDUs
- Log into: PMI.org
- Follow this link: https://ccrs.pmi.org/claim
- Each SAFe course has its own Claim Code that can be used. Claim codes for SAFe classes can be found on Scaled Agile's website under the SAFe Courses tab at the bottom of the course pages.
- Enter the claim code under the "PDU Claim Code" section.
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- QA Managers, Testers